Friday, February 26, 2010

Spotlight Poetry #1


The following is a poem by the Trenchcoat Anti-Critic and newcomer Merrick following the strict guidelines of Spotlight Poetry. The subjects for this piece were 'Ant' and 'Generations'.


Toiling in a hill built
________on the fallen bodies
_________________of brothers
_____________forefathers
________grandfathers

For the good
________I work
___________slave
______________fight

What I make with bleeding hands
______________________is
____________________not
_________________my
____________own

Queen?
____Are you worthy of our toiling?

Father?
____Did you choose this path?

Grown to gather,
________do I understand my
____________________place?

I saunter to and fro,
_________mind racing
______________to one thought

I watch as many sweep away from
______________________water
____________________foe
________________food

The good dead for all to live
________________from small ant
________________________to father
____________________________to Queen

Generation,
______pass unseen


Spotlight Poetry is a form of under-the-gun collaborative writing exercise created by Merrick.

No comments:

Post a Comment